Things to Know Before Register Your Domain Name
A domain name is an address that Internet users use to access your website. It acts like the address for your website. Thus it is used for finding and identifying the website and the company associated with it on the Internet. Domain names are being formed as per the rules and procedures of the Domain name system.
There are various reasons why you should get a domain name:
- If in future you change your webs hosting service providers, your domain names go with you. Your regular visitors won’t face any issues in searching for your website. If they would simply type your domain name and they’d be evidently brought to your new location.
- As a business owner domain names give you the credibility and increase your good will.as people now days are willing to work only with that company who has its own domain name.
- Domain name describes your company’s Name, business. If anyone wants to know about you and want to invest in your company or want to get services from you they can easily do it. a good domain name describes companies product or services
- Domain name is also helpful when you want to have Sponsors or Advertisers. It tends to give your website an aura of respect
How to Register Your Domain Name
Steps for buying a domain name are as follows:
Choose a reliable domain registrar (like Go daddy, Wicks ).
- Go for a domain availability checker tool.
- Run the domain name search.
- Pick the best available option.
- Finalize your order and complete the domain registration.
- Verify the ownership of your new domain
But before purchasing any domain name proper investigation and research need to be done. As domain name is the first thing the visitors see on your website. Some of the important things should be kept in mind before register your domain name, which is as follows:
It’s very important to study your niche and to know what the user wants. One needs to be aware of the most popular keywords and search terms related to your product/services. As this would help you in finding the best domain name which represents your project.
2. Catchy and easy to remember
Always have a domain name that is easy to pronounce and is not too long. A catchy and short domain name will surely increase the chances of visitors remembering your website name.
3. Go with .com
nowadays .com is the most popular domain name extension. Thus, .com should be kept on a priority basis when buying a domain name, as most web users will easily recognize it.
4. Trademark infringement
Don’t register your domain similar to popular well-established brands. As this can lead to catching you up in many legal issues. Various tools are available online just look into it for trademark information and avoid such situations.
5. Numbers and hyphens should not be used
Numbers and hyphens would help you to create domain variations but this can sometimes be dangerous too. Like people can mistake the number zero (0) with the letter (o) or the number (2) for a word (two). Hence numbers and hyphens should be omitted.
6. Close alternatives
If you have some domain name in your mind then go for it very close alternatives or variations. But before finalizing it make sure that the targeted and the potential traffic reaches you.
7. Reserve your name on social media platforms
Once you have made a rough draft for your domain name. Simply draft a page on popular social media platforms like Twitter, YouTube, Instagram or Facebook. Even if you’re not posting or not doing anything on that page at this point simply, reserving the page on social media platforms related to your company’s project will safeguard you that it can’t be taken by someone else.
8. Think about the future
Think outside the box while purchasing the domain name. As Websites and domains are that long-term investment which would always result in giving profit to your company.
9. Not getting the right domain name
picking the right domain name is the hardest choice for business website holders. So don’t worry take help from your near and dear ones including your friends, family, colleagues. Discuss and present your ideas to them as One never know who would give you that golden nugget of advice that you were in search for.
Thus buying a domain name would become easy to do a task if you follow the above steps and keep all the above points discussed in mind.
Visit our educational website – Aliscience.in
Please help us and share this on Facebook, Whatsapp etc.